An EA forum thread announced that SimCity’s transit options are getting a much-needed makeover. They’re adding the ability to create tunnels, overpasses and bridges; plus several improvements to the traffic simulation to make it smarter.
The full list of forthcoming changes is below. Unfortunately; the release date is yet to be announced.
- New: Brand new tool to create bridges, overpasses, and tunnels when you draw your roads.
When building your road, pressing the , key or . key will lower or raise the road accordingly creating overpasses, bridges and tunnels.
Note: Existing road layouts cannot be raised or lowered
- New: Improvements for Traffic behavior to make it smarter. This should reduce the number of lines formed by all available vehicles converging on a single spot. This affects all vehicles including Police, Fire Trucks, Moving Trucks, Garbage Trucks, Recycling Trucks, Resource Trucks, Buses, Ambulances, and Civilian vehicles going home, to work, or shopping.
- New: Tree tools – Place individual trees around your city. These tools are located at the end of the Nature Parks palette.
- Terrain: Fixes an issue some player’s see where terrain covers sections of roads while the camera is zoomed out.
- Fixed an issue where the fire animation would sometimes continue when fire was extinguished.
- Parks: Sports parks are now accepting Sims 24 hours a day.
- Airship: The number of Airship passenger trips should now be correct over multiple days.
- Vehicles: Vehicles now accelerate and decelerate faster, allowing them to leave buildings and go through intersections more efficiently.
- Freight: Freight trucks now only leave factories if they have a valid delivery destination.
- Gifting: Money gifting should be more reliable.