Tomorrow we’re getting yet another SimCity patch, which adds some cool new content and fixes further bugs. SimCity 4.0 will include a brand new region called Edgewater Bay, a new park titled Launch Park and improvements to various gameplay events. They’re even re-enabling some of the features we had when the game launched, such as the leaderboard and dynamic global market prices.
Here’s the full list of changes coming in SimCity 4.0:
- New: SimCity Launch Park, an exclusive new park just for our dedicated fans who were early adopters.
- New: Region: Edgewater Bay. Seven city sites in one cluster around a beautiful bay with one great work site.
- New: Your current server will now be shown in the options menu.
- New: More detailed rollover information on buildings telling player’s if their Sims received happiness from a park or from shopping. Previous to this fix, this information was generic.
- Re-Enabled Feature: Global Market prices now dynamically change during gameplay.
- Re-Enabled Feature: Leaderboards are will be active on EU West 3, Pacific 1 and Pacific 2 at the release. We will enable them on additional servers throughout the day.
- Re-Enabled Feature: Region filters are now enabled on all SimCity servers. Players will be able to search for open games by Map Name, Sandbox Mode, and Abandoned Cities.
- Rain Clouds: Fixed an issue where some cities would not have rain clouds to replenish their water table. If you had a city with this issue, you will start seeing clouds again within a game day.
- Fire: Improved response time of fire trucks to fires. Improved the time it takes for a fire signal to reach a fire station.
- •Mission updates: Tuned Metals HQ and Community College missions. These were appearing too early, making them difficult to complete. They now appear later in a city’s development.
- Solar Farm Great Work: Reduced fire risk at the Solar Farm Great work. Local fire engines were spending too much time at the Solar Farm.
- Messaging: Improved pre-requisite messaging for Trade Port, Casinos, Smelting Factory and Oil Refinery. It should be clearer on how to unlock these buildings.
- Graphics: Fix for flickering low wealth buildings on NVIDIA graphics cards.
- Education: Fix for an issue some cities experienced where commuting students did not return from a neighbor’s city. This was causing a problem where students would disappear from a city in some cases.
- Tuning: Sims will lose a small amount of happiness if they don’t have a place to shop. Cities without places to shop will see complaints and feel the effect of unhappy Sims. This will emphasize the importance of commercial zones.