There’s a new Sims 4 patch out today for both the PC and console versions of the game. Don’t forget to disable and update your mods before running the game again.
PC: 126.96.36.1990 / Mac: 188.8.131.520
Console: Version 1.32
We are celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month with some new base game content inspired by the vibrant Hispanic cultures around the globe. Sit back with your Sim family and enjoy a lovely barbecue featuring flavors from Mexico, Argentina, Dominican Republic, and more! You’ll be able to deck out your backyard with a colorfully painted dining set, decorative pots, murals, a new grill, and please don’t forget about the bougainvillea-clad pergola to provide some shade for your Sims.
We’ve also partnered with renowned Chicano artist Mister Cartoon to bring you some Create A Sim content in his distinctive style. He recreated your favorite Freezer Bunny with a sassier look but also gave us a beautiful butterfly design that represents peaceful migration. Look out for tops in feminine and masculine styles for children and adults. Also, we couldn’t partner with a tattoo artist and NOT give you a tattoo, so check that out too! You can also read more about our Hispanic Heritage Month update here.
In addition, you can read about the work we are doing to address skin tone improvements here. The first steps of which are part of this release – we did a thorough investigation of our skin tone pipeline (how it gets from artist to player), to identify where we can improve our process. For this release, we found that the skin detail layer compression was one of our primary culprits for the blotchy artifacts and ashy appearance of darker skin tones. We have uncompressed those textures by default. That work, along with the option to uncompress Sim textures will result in better visuals for your Sims in game. The linked blog will provide further details on those options.
We have also updated the look for two of our base game hairstyles. Those specifically being yfHair_LongBraidedPulledBack and ymHair_AfroMedium. As stated in the blog, this is not the end of these improvements, but only the first steps. Expect more from us, and of us.
-SimGuruGnome, SimGuruDana, and SimGuruRusskii
Now onto the fixes:
- Fixed an issue in which external garbage cans were constantly being filled up when not having Eco Lifestyle installed. It is a good thing to be conscious of our overall everyday waste footprint but there is something to be said about too much trash that is… seemingly uninvited.
- Sims will now use the dining table to eat again. Sometimes if I’m in a hurry, I grab a meal on the go and don’t sit down to eat, but sometimes you need to sit down and enjoy a nice meal, you know?
- You pay your new bills, all the new bills, keep track of all the bills. We think you can do it. So, hope you like this update too as we have adjusted Lot Taxes to be more appropriate per Lot.
- Fixed an issue in which the message “Not Expanded to Ops” would appear while in Build Mode and would hinder gameplay. If this is the behavior with “Not Expanded to Ops” I don’t want to see what “Expanded to Ops” looks like, unless it is a good thing, but let’s not get carried away.
- Had a good talk with Sims that had neglected their duties with their Toddlers. They can go back to Potty Training and Read to Sleep to their little angels.
- Fixed an issue in which Favorited Items in inventory were being reset when editing Lots through Manage Worlds.
- Sims that were transferred to other Households will no longer reset any Household settings like Bed Assignments. Reading about this issue and trying to imagine it, brought me to this:
<insert dramatic music>
“What do you want?”
“It’s not that simple!”
“But… <sigh> What.Do.You.Want?!”
“Just because you moved out, and you are suddenly back in our lives doesn’t mean you can disrupt everything ok? I had my bed, with MY NAME ON IT!”
<end dramatic music>
- A new foe has appeared! A challenger approaches! Error 124:2951a73 enters the fray… and is properly squashed. Good luck next time Error 124:2951a73… Well, don’t come back so… farewell!
- The Lin-Z Smart Speaker has been updated to now play the Focus and Metal stations.
- Fixed an issue in which all non-decorative rocks disappeared after traveling from different Lots. Was it the work of impostor rocks? Igneous looks especially shifty. Sus.
- Fixed an issue with the ICYA Chest in which it appeared locked after Sims moved from one Household to another. My precious! Mine!
- Fixed an issue that reset Bits and Pieces when Sims moved to other Households. No uh, if you move, move but leave my Bits and Pieces within my Household thank you very much.
- The Community Voting Board is no longer listed as a DEBUG item, no longer has a defective thumbnail, and can be placed within the Lot.
- Civil Designer Sims can now complete Work from Home Assignments.
- We have rebuilt the Store No More Home Fabricator so that it doesn’t break at least once a day. All returns are subject to warranty inspection, no Simoleons were harmed in this endeavor.
- We spent some time tasting… I mean… monitoring yes, Sims’ behavior in regards to Cooking and Baking Cakes pretty much non stop. We managed to correct said behavior, but hopefully, we won’t lose access to the delicious goods.
- Fixed a routing issue that prevented Sims from extinguishing engulfed Sims that are sitting by the Campfire. Gives a whole new meaning to “Warming up by the fire.”
- Fixed an issue with Restaurant Menus that made them appear blank or corrupted. Blind tasting menus in real life are a thing, but I don’t think that is what this issue wanted to convey.
- We have added the Focus and Metal station as an option for Earbuds. Have you claimed your free Earbuds yet?
- The Media Marathoner All-on-the-Wall, and the Media Marathoner now have the option so Sims can perform Air Guitar. Yearrrrgggg.
Fixed an issue with keys [Q] and [E] when used with the Tripod, now those keys should move the camera up and down freely. Strike a pose!