TheSims.com Frequently Asked Questions section has been updated to reveal the minimum system requirement that The Sims 4 will demand. You’ll be happy to note that the requirements are now lower than those of The Sims 3.
Operating System (Any of the following)
- Windows XP (SP3)
- Windows Vista (SP2)
- Windows 7 (SP1)
- Windows 8, or Windows 8.1
Processor (Any of the following)
- 1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
- AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core 4000+ or equivalent
- (For computers using built-in graphics chipsets, the game requires 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.0 GHz AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-62 or equivalent)
- At least 2 GB RAM
Video Cards (Any of the following)
- 128 MB of Video RAM and support for Pixel Shader 3.0
- NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or better
- ATI Radeon X1300 or better
- Intel GMA X4500 or better
- DirectX 9.0c Compatible
- Required for first time activation only.
- Once activated, an internet connection is not required.
- Required to activate The Sims 4.